A message from the blogger.

I started this as away to share some thoughts. So without you, the reader, this blog is only half fulfilled.

Please feel free to leave comments, questions, or concerns. Also I encourage you to follow this blog for the next 361 days. Knowing that someone is reading, will probably get me through this daunting journey.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Search Begins.


Well, if you are anything like me than I guess you wondering, "What the heck does this title mean", The Agnostic's Search for Jesus.

Simply put: It will be my spiritual quest for the next 365 days to read through and find ways to apply the Words of the Bible to my life, and by doing so I hope to find Jesus' truth in these Words. 

"Well, why not just entitle your blog 'Reading the Bible in 365 days'." Good question. 

Answer: Given my background, raised in a home that was spiritual but not religious, my mom taught me that all religions were cults. I grew up believing that those who followed religions were not that far away from those who would drink the purple Kool-Aid. Simple put, I used to believe that to be a religious person you probably had to be a tad bit crazy. Well, over the years my views have changed, I no longer think of all religious people as nut jobs, but I do still find a bit of truth in what my mother said. As I continue to search for the meaning to life, my level of spirituality has begun to expand far beyond anything I could have ever imagined. However, I must admit that I owe this new expansion to several friends of mine who just happen to be apart of the “Purple Kool-Aid” community.

I like to believe that my life is governed by reasoning and logic, which tells me that the absence of proof or explanation does not necessarily mean something, is untrue or nonexistent. Logically I cannot explain to you exactly how the brain works, or how nuclear energy operates but I do know they exist and they work. 

"So, what is the purpose of this blog?" In short, it is a way for me to try to solve some questions I have about God, Jesus, his rules, his laws, and the way of humankind. I have a fascination with our obsession with spirituality, religion and for things that appear out of our control.   

I have a theory that if one can except something like "The Secret", Tony Robbins' "Unlimited Power", the teachings of Buddha or the practice of meditation, then one may just as well be able to accept that Allah is God, Jesus is the Savior, the laws of Moses and the traditions of the Hindu. Could I be wrong? Sure. However, I think the scarier thing for most people is... Could I be right?

To all of my religious followers out there who may be offended by the above statement I ask you to think upon the words of your teachings and be not quick to anger or judgment. To my fellow Agnostic's, I ask you simply to bear with me, because as those who have not really found an answer I feel the best chance for truth resides in our search. 

That is why I began my search. I once read, "if you seek, you will find and if you knock then the door will be opened to you". 

So now, I go looking for the door to knock on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment