A message from the blogger.

I started this as away to share some thoughts. So without you, the reader, this blog is only half fulfilled.

Please feel free to leave comments, questions, or concerns. Also I encourage you to follow this blog for the next 361 days. Knowing that someone is reading, will probably get me through this daunting journey.

Friday, January 21, 2011

THE MIRACLE BESIDE US


THE MIRACLE AROUND US
So two things were expressed to me the other day from a reader about the Old Testament: 1. It is full of many doom and gloom stories. 2. The stories presented can at times be very daunting and confusing, riddled with ambiguities in the plot and the message it tells. 
I think this is one of the reasons religion seems so perplexed and puzzling to me. 
Therefore, first I would like to thank, the readers for sharing that with me. Cause I have always read the bible with a kind of “maybe it’s just me”, sentiment. However, it is nice to know that, if we are being honest, than I am not alone. 
1 Samuel 24:13 “Out of the wicked comes wickedness.”
1 Samuel 24: 17 “you are more righteous than I, because you have repaid me good, whereas I have repaid you evil.”
Saul recognizes that he has been wrong and harsh in his judgments of David, fueled by the words of wicked encouragement from jealous men.
We learn through Saul to be mindful of the company we keep as we continue to move up in the world. Remember to weigh well the trust and kinship that you have developed with others, because new followers or so called friends will try to fuel and guide you to inequity.
In his quest to kill David, Saul ignores the words of those who care about him most. His son Jonathan warns him to leave David alone. David himself begs him to not harm him and pleas that he loves Saul as a father. However, only when Saul hears the same message from the spirit of Samuel does he take heed.
Why, so long Saul?
This story reminded me of something my mother told me a long time ago. “Miracles don’t always have to come falling out of the sky. They can be just as powerful and profound if they come from the person right next to you.”
We are often so busy looking for something great in order proclaim it as a Miracle (or the will of God), that we forget how much of a Miracle life is. If you truly embrace life as a miracle than that means those around you sometimes perform miracles by being present in your life when you need them.
In 1 Samuel 30:6 it says that, “David was greatly distressed… but David encouraged himself in his God.” To me this means David had to take into account all that he had witnessed and had done. All the good people God had provided to him, from Jonathan to Abigail. He had to remember how God has kept me [Freudian slip]… how God kept him alive and had always been there for him. Considering these things, David was able to shake off his despair and move in a more positive direction and entrusting those around him to help him win the battle.
Today I will not take for granted the great people that are in my life.
Thus ends my reading of 1 Samuel. "Another book bites the dust." 

3 comments:

  1. I love the part where you say that others sometimes perform miracles by being present in your life when you need them. That is so true and so beautiful and really made me think of how much I appreciate all the great people I have met - and have yet to meet - in my life.
    Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome and you are definitely a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more. I have made many mistakes in my life, personal and professional. To have people such as you and Zuzana remember me, extend invitations to your home, and be present with me every time we meet means more than I can say. Thank you for practicing what you preach!

    ReplyDelete